Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Better Than Crave

Sadly, we missed the reading of Postville last night. The substitute notfun? A business dinner at the new Graze located in West Glen. The new owners, with stunningly creative frugality, changed Crave to Graze, thus necessitating the replacement of only two letters on the sign. While Crave was one of the worst restaurants I have ever had the misfortune to dine at, Graze has managed to improve the service and the quality of the menu. Unfortunately, it still looks as though the Urban Chic design of the early '00s ran amok in the bar.
MHO: There are greener pastures than Graze.

2 comments:

  1. I had such an abysmal experience at Graze that I felt compelled to create an account at the Des Moines Register site just to write a review. Service was VERY slow, as in 45 minutes to get a drink, and 20 minutes just to tell me that the bartender could not make an appletini because the owner is philosophically opposed to appletinis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Cindy! My name is Paula Brown and I am the Assistant Director at Spencer Public Library in Spencer, IA. Your name was on a list of committee members for the Iowa Small Library Association Farm Progress Show Initiative. Unfortunately, all they gave me was names--no emails, phone numbers, or addresses. Please email me at pbrown@spencerlibrary.com so that I can send you the info that is going out to the other committee members. Looking forward to working with you on this exciting project!

    ReplyDelete